Sunday, June 12, 2011

How does she get away with it?

So this neighbor who lives directly across the street from me has three large dogs that she keeps cooped up in the house all of the time. Occasionally, you can hear them barking when a stranger or other dog walks past the house, but that is about it.

What I marvel at is her or her partner not walking those dogs --- or letting the dogs in the backyard! If I was in her place, I would have been out walking those dogs every day. But that's me.

Her house isn't that large and features dark rooms and a loose gutter hanging off one side. I don't see how those dogs can sit or sleep around without going crazy. Maybe they're drugged to stay quiet or starved or just too weak to move around. Her next-door neighbor probably hears the ravket but says nothing.

I can imagine what that house smells like inside, especially if the dogs' mess is not cleaned up immediately. There's probably dog pee and poo all over the house. Can you imagine stumbling around in that house when it's dark and inadvertently stepping inadvertently into a pile of dog poo?

No comments:

Post a Comment