Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What if your watch dog doesn't really watch?

Believe me, there are dogs like this. They don't bark when they should and alert the owner. They merely sit and stare at the window. And even if a burglar did break in, that type of dog would wag its tail. Ok, so I might exaggerate a bit, but you know what I mean.

Personally, I believe that there are better ways of protecting a home besides bringing in a dog specifically for that purpose. A dog is a living being that requires food and other comforts of home, and most of all, costs a lot of money over its lifetime. It can be a loyal pet and loving friend, so its purpose of serving as a watch dog may be a total waste. I think that I would prefer a dog as a pet instead of just a watch dog. I'm sure that it would bark if it sensed danger such as a burglar breaking in.

Still, I find the question intriguing. After all, wasn't one of the reasons for owning a dog knowing that it would also serve as a good watch dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment