Tuesday, March 22, 2011

licks from a dog

I like dogs. I really do. But there is one thing about dogs that I find hard to take --- and that is a dog licking my hand and/or face. I know. This is probably equivalent to a sloppy wet kiss from a pet and I'm fine with that. I just have a problem coping with a lot of dog saliva. Yuck!

Actually, this should not be an issue at all. I kiss my cats and let them nuzzle my face and hands in a show of affection. So why should I be any different when it comes to dogs?

Maybe I'm not used to getting hit with a lot of saliva all up at one time. It's wet, it's on my face or hands, and it came from a dog. Then maybe I've not had as much experience in getting used to being licked by a dog. Don't get me wrong --- I'm not blaming the dog by any means! I think that getting used to being licked is a matter of getting used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment