Monday, February 7, 2011

Are dog owners more friendly when ........

they are walking their dogs? 

Say you're walking your dog on one side of the street and another dog owner is walking his or her dog on the other side of the street in the opposite direction.

From my experience, I tend to ignore that dog-walking person because I'm too busy keeping my dog focused on walking calmly in the direction we're headed, rather than exchanging smiles or a pleasant "good morning/afternoon" with a total stranger. So I have no way of knowing what they're up to at the moment, and to be honest, I really don't care.

Now, if we're on the same side of the street, walking in different directions, I might take a second or two to smile and acknowledge the other dog walker. And that's about it. He or she goes his or her way and I go my own. Rarely do I ever see anyone I know and am friendly with, so whether I acknowledge or not makes little or no difference. Nor would the dog I'm walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment