Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Latch-key dog

I'm fortunate in that I can work at home and can be there for my pets. So if I owned a dog, I could easily provide quality time for it on a daily basis. I'd feed and play with him or her;  as soon as my work was done, I could take him or her out for a walk. There's a field nearby and during non-rush hours, we could jog over there and back.

I would have a problem if I had to be away from home much of the time. When I had an office job about ten years ago, I left for work about 7:30 in the morning and returned home around 6 or 6:30 pm. My dog would be home during that time (if I owned one). He or she would be considered a latch-key dog. Of course, I could take a day off now and then, but my time would still be limited. I'm only saying this because there may come a time when I may have to work in an office.

No comments:

Post a Comment