Saturday, December 4, 2010

Everyone knows Chloe....

My sister has had her dog, Chloe, for a long time now. Everytime they go for a walk, Chloe just seems to know exactly which neighbor will give her a lot of attention and a treat. And somehow, the neighbors seem to know when she's likely to be around for a visit.

There are several houses that Chloe knows where to visit --- and be rewarded. Aries, the other dog, will follow, though much of the time, he has his own little agenda and will just mosey along.

Now my neighbors are different. They, for the most part, are not really friendly and could care less about any dog that I might own walking past their homes. And even if they are out, the neighbors focus on whatever they happen to be doing at the time. I wonder if they would change if I had Chloe with me for awhile and begin to be friendlier. Somehow I doubt it. But maybe a sociable, nonbarking dog like Chloe would know and be able to motivate those humans. On the other hand, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment