Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Would you risk your life to save your dog?

I think that a lot would depend on the situation. Say that my dog fell into the ocean and couldn't swim because of the enormous waves, I would be inclined to call for help, quick. Had I jumped in the water to get the dog, I would have been the first one to drown, as I can't swim.

Basically, I would try desperately, most definitely. But if I thought that I would die in the process of making a rescue attempt, I wouldn't go out of my way. But this is me sitting in the comfort of my home hemming and hawing. Perhaps my being involved in the actual situation, things would be different. I'd work up so much adrenaline that I would wind up saving the dog as Superman would and think nothing of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment