Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Should I choose a Shih Tzu?

Yesterday, I was looking at pictures of various breeds of dogs. Somehow, the dogs whose faces looked like those of babies appealed the most to me. I want to hold and cuddle them, pretty much what I would do with a human baby. They are so cute!

I found Shih Tzu especially appealing. They not only look cute, but are rather small and cuddly looking. However, their longish hair has to be groomed or trimmed. If I owned such a dog, I would definitely get its hair trimmed. I have no patience to groom it or even tie some of it in a little pink bow. For me, that would be a little much.

The other thing about Shih Tzu is that it loves attention and wants to do pretty much what you do, like watching tv or laying asleep in bed nearly all of the time. In other words, it should be pampered. And pampering takes more time out of a busy day. Ok, so I do stay home much of the time, but I also work at home. I probably wouldn't much done if I had to hold a Shih Tzu and try to focus on what I was doing. And the poor dog would probably bark much of the time, demanding attention.

I don't know. I'd have to think about all of this first.

No comments:

Post a Comment