Sunday, October 10, 2010

Does a dog really need to be dressed?

Now that the weather is getting cooler, I've seen a few dogs dressed in dog-sweaters. True, those dogs look cute. At the same time, I can't help but wonder how much trouble each of those dog owners went through. They must have first looked for that perfect sweater for a long time. Once those owners found it, they looked more closely at things like price, style, color, and size.

And the fun only just began as each owner tried to put the sweater on his or her dog. I mean, does the owner first call his or her dog, pet the dog, and begin to slip the sweater on, paw by paw?  And what happens when the dog first realizes what is going on? Does the dog bark, growl, back away, whine, struggle? I guess that you can't really blame the dog for resisting. After all, the dog's own fur and size should be enough for basic survival.

Finally, I would not want to have my dog wear a sweater. I'm sure that my dog would not feel comfortable wearing one outdoors and would resist my efforts to make him or her wear one. Two of the reasons are that I have enough bills to pay and secondly, enough junk at home. Most important, I think that the whole idea of dressing a dog is really dumb. Even stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment