Thursday, September 30, 2010

How I Learned to Like Dogs

As a child, I enjoyed watching "Lassie" on television. To me, Lassie was a beautiful, loyal friend to her owner, Timmy (or was it Tommy). Someday, perhaps I would own a dog like Lassie. The dog would probably be a collie.

As the years went by, I got to learn about and like other types of dogs also, such as rottweillers, German shepherds, poodles and terriers. My high school chum owned a big shaggy dog named Mitzi. Mitzi used to become very excited about visitors and jump all over them when they entered my chum's house. She made it difficult to receive a pat on the head and she wouldn't stop jumping until she was called off. But her owners loved her and took good care of her. They never allowed her to leave the house at random.

Then my sister owned dogs that were larger in size than Mitzi. One of them, a rottweillor named Roxie, was a sweetie who always walked nicely and never tugged at her leash. She liked to be petted too. Another dog was a mixed breed and stray that my sister adopted and named "Cooper." Cooper was very friendly and liked to do things that people did, like dressing up for Halloween. When those dogs died, my sister adopted a husky-dog mix whom she named Chloe. Chloe loves to run and go for walks and get treats from the neighbors. She's all white and has blue eyes.

As you can see, I've been around dogs for much of the time. The problem now is choosing a dog to own, care for and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment