Monday, September 27, 2010

Have dog - Make New Friends

Sometimes as my sister and I take her two dogs for a walk, we happen to see one or more neighbors who know the dogs and pet them and even offer them a treat occasionally. I shouldn't be surprised, though. One of the dogs, Chloe, already has a reputation in the neighborhood. She receives lots of praise about how beautiful she is, lots of petting from neighbors who  are outside and happen to see her. As a result, my sister has made friends among the neighbors. A few of those neighbors have dogs or cats of their own.

So I've concluded that if someone takes his or her dog out for a walk every day, sooner or later, he or she will get to know the neighbors hopefully in a good way. A lot of people like animals and don't mind chatting about them with a dog owner. It isn't very long until a dog knows all of the "snack stops" and looks eagerly forward to going to each one.

Why am I not surprised?

No comments:

Post a Comment