Sunday, August 30, 2009

time for dogs to go back to school

Today, I visited my sister and got to walk one of her dogs, Aries. Aries is a pit bull mix who reminds me of Ferdinand the Bull. During a walk, Aries has this tendency to flop down wherever he chooses and stay down for a good ten minutes or more. He cannot be budged until he is good and ready to get up and get moving.

I had no choice but to let him relax there on someone's lawn. My sister said to leave him alone and let him sit there if he chose to. Of course, I didn't think that was right. To me, this was a prime example of a dog running the show. And Aries had everyone trained instead of the other way around.

In the meantime, my sister walked Chloe, a white Siberian husky mix with blue eyes. Chloe loves to go out on long walks, but she always tugs. She also gets easily distracted. She always gets her own way and is now at the point at which she controls her humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment